Terms and Conditions
Agreement between User and MoneyCare
By using the website, you agree to be bound by the Website Terms and Conditions. All terms and conditions are material. Please review them carefully before proceeding. The Website Terms and Conditions apply to the website and all services offered on or through the website.
The contents of this website (including without limitation all articles, statements, text, images, logos, and design) are ©2022 MoneyCare and as such are protected from infringement by local and international legislation and treaties. All rights reserved.
- “Personal information” has the meaning assigned to it in POPIA, and “information” has a similar meaning unless the context requires otherwise, and includes any information that identifies or relates specifically to you such as your name and surname, contact details and information you supply when you complete the contact form via the website.
- “POPIA” means the Protection of Personal Information Act (Act 4 of 2013) (“POPIA”).
- “Company” means MoneyCare.
- “Website” means the internet website with the address money-care.co.za or any website with a URL that is validly registered to the practice.
- “You” / “your” means the user of the website and the services offered by the company on or through the website.
Purpose of the Website
The MoneyCare website contains tools, resources and helpful financial information that is freely available to the public. MoneyCare’s website content has been designed to help businesses, people, and their families become MoneySmart and build future wealth.
Conditions of Access and Use
- To avoid any confusion, you agree that the Website Terms and Conditions apply to your use of the website, any third-party websites licensed to the company and any information accessed via the website.
- Should any person who accesses the Website (“you” or “user”) disagree with any of the Terms, you must refrain from accessing the Website and/or using our services.
- If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain your parents’ or legal guardians’ advance authorization, permission, supervision and consent to be bound by these Terms.
- Moneycare reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend and/or replace any of, or the whole of, the Terms. Such amendments shall supersede and replace any previous Terms and shall be made available on the Website of Moneycare. Each time a user accesses the Website and/or uses the services, the user shall be deemed to have consented, by such access and/or use, to the Terms, as amended and/or replaced by Moneycare from time to time. If you are not satisfied with the amended Terms, you should refrain from using the Website.
- Materials from the website may be copied and distributed on a limited basis for non-commercial purposes only, provided that any material copied remains intact and that all copies include the following notice in a clearly visible position: ‘Copyright © 2022 MoneyCare. All rights reserved.’ These materials are for personal use only. Any copying or redistribution for commercial purposes or for compensation of any kind requires prior written permission from the company.
- By using the website, you guarantee that you will not and you will not allow third-parties on your behalf to
- make and distribute copies of the website;
- attempt to copy, reproduce, alter, modify, reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, transfer, exchange or translate the website; or
- create derivative works of the website of any kind whatsoever.
- You acknowledge that the terms of the agreement with your Internet provider will continue to apply when using the website. As a result, you may be charged by the Internet provider for access to network connection services for the duration of the connection while accessing the website or any such third-party charges as may arise. You accept responsibility for any such charges that arise.
- If you are not the payer of the device being used to access the website, you will be assumed to have received permission from the payer for accessing and using the website.
- The website may contain confidential information, which is the property of the company and/or its data subjects and/or its business partners. Unauthorised disclosure and/or use of this information may incur civil or criminal liability.
- You guarantee that all information provided by you on or via the website is true, accurate, current and correct and you undertake to update the information as and when required.
- All information that you provide to the company may be stored electronically and with third-party service providers of the company, which parties are bound by strict levels of confidentiality. These electronic records shall be proof of the information unless you can prove otherwise.
- The company takes all reasonable steps to protect your personal information and maintain confidentiality, including by making use of encryption technology. However, the practice cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any information you transmit to it online and you agree that you do so at your own risk.
- All trademarks, copyright, database and other intellectual property rights of any nature in the website together with the underlying software code as well as any content made available on the website (e.g., text, graphics, logos, images, etc.) are owned either directly by the company or by the company’s licensors unless expressly stated otherwise.
- You do not obtain any trademark, copyright, database or any other intellectual property right of any nature or licence by using the website.
- You are not granted any license or right to use any trademark without the company’s prior written permission and/or that of any relevant third party.
- The Company uses industry-wide technologies such as ‘cookies’ to collect information about the use of the website, your preferences and past browsing history. ‘Cookies’ refer to information that is sent from the website to your hard drive, where it is saved. This will allow the Practice to improve its services and your experience when you use the website again.
- The ‘cookies’ do not collect any personal information about you.
- The information obtained will be shared with persons or entities to the extent necessary for them to administer and improve the website on our behalf.
If you breach the Website Terms and Conditions, the company shall have the right to claim damages of whatsoever nature from you, including special, incidental, consequential or indirect damages. In addition, the company shall have the right to claim loss of profits and loss of business and to recover all legal costs on a scale as between attorney and own client from you.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
- The company tries to ensure that the most sophisticated technology protects the information on the website. However, the company cannot be held responsible for any consequences that may result from the unlawful breach of copyright or unlawful dissemination of information by third parties copying information off the website. If you suspect a breach or where a breach may have taken place and this comes to your knowledge, please contact the company (email@example.com) as soon as possible so that the problem can be addressed.
- The website and all information, content, tools and materials are provided by the company “as is” and on an “as available” basis without warranty of any kind.
- The company does not guarantee the operation of the website or the information content, tools or materials on the website.
- While the company makes every effort to ensure that the content and information on the website is complete, accurate and up-to-date, it makes no guarantee about the suitability of the products and services and provide no representation or warranty, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, correctness and completeness of information contained on the website.
- The company does not guarantee that the website and/or information, content, tools or materials included on the website, the company’s servers / systems or any electronic communications sent by it are free from viruses or other harmful components.
- The views and opinions expressed on this website, links or attachments hereto do not necessarily reflect the views and/or opinions of the company. Regardless of the vast professional knowledge and scientific expertise in the field of Point of Care/Diabetes Care/Medical Devices/IVDs that the company possesses, it cannot inspect all information to determine the truthfulness, accuracy, reliability, completeness or relevance thereof.
- Although the company is fully committed to providing you with the best possible service, it shall not be responsible for:
- any interrupted, delayed or failed transmission, storage or delivery of information due to a power failure, equipment or software malfunction, natural disasters, fire, labour unrest, epidemics, pandemics, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the practice, or
- any inaccurate, incomplete or inadequate information supplied by you and/or obtainable from the website.
- The website and all of its component elements, including text, graphics, images, hyperlinks and other materials supplied by third parties, are for general educational purposes only and do not take the place of financial advice. To the extent that financial information may be provided on the website, it is based on best practice and/or current recommendations and guidelines, which may change from time to time. The information provided does not replace the advice of a registered financial advisor.
- You agree to use the website at your own risk.
- The company, its directors, employees, service providers and website contributors shall not be liable to you or any other person or entity for, and you agree to indemnify them against, any claim for damages of any kind, including for direct, indirect, special, incidental, punitive and/or consequential damages as well as loss of profit or the like whether or not in the contemplation of the parties, whether based on breach of contract, delict (including negligence), or otherwise, arising from any of the events described in this clause 8, including but not limited –
- your use of the website or any information, content, tools or materials included on or otherwise made available to you through the website;
- any damage or alteration to your equipment, such as computer equipment, handheld devices or mobile telephones;
- any decision taken or acted upon as a result of reliance on the information or philosophies contained or expressed on the website;
- your actions or omissions that result in a breach of the Website Terms and Conditions; and/or
- accessing any links to other websites from this website. You also acknowledge that MoneyCare cannot control the content of or the products and services offered on those websites.
The laws of the Republic of South Africa shall govern these Website Terms and Conditions.
Amendments to the Website Terms and Conditions
The company may in its sole discretion amend the Website Terms and Conditions from time to time without prior notice. The latest Terms and Conditions available on the website shall at all times take precedence over any other version of these Terms. It is your responsibility to make sure you are satisfied with any changes before continuing to use the website.
If you have questions about these Website Terms and Conditions, please contact MoneyCare (firstname.lastname@example.org).